Friday, September 16, 2011

Sore

My throat, arms, abs, thighs, and butt that is!

Food was on plan but woefully low on veggies still.  Today was really long and miserable- didn't eat breakfast until late in the afternoon and then kind of squeezed everything else in shortly after.  Far from ideal, so my goals for tomorrow and the weekend are to space things out better and have a salad every day.  They're small, very doable, and I won't let myself slack off. 

Binges are like turning a sharp corner suddenly, but I don't want to slowly drift off the path, either.  So, going to get a little course correction in. : )

Exercise went great.  Today was the first time I repeated any of the workouts, and I was curious if I would feel like there was any difference from the first time.  I think my form is better, so I'm happy about that.  Any other "improvement" was really negligible, which is what I'd expect since it's only been a week, but it felt good just to re-try stuff and try to do better at it, anyway.

I'm not sure exactly where the line between mental and physical limits is.  When I feel exhausted and I want to stop, it's hard to tell.  I think it's probably a fine line in this case, but the thing is- pushing myself improves both.  So that's what I'll keep doing, as best as I can.

Tomorrow is a rest day- they're Fridays instead of Thursdays now because of starting a different program.  I don't know what I'll do with myself, haha.  Going from working out nine times per week (6 with P90 and 3 C25K sessions) to six with Insanity already feels like I have more time on my hands.  I think it's good for me though, because I was really starting to feel like I had to exercise and it was dominating my life, and now I'm motivated and look forward to it again.

That's about it.  Tomorrow I'll eat well; a little more, more veggies, and over more time, while I give my body a good rest.  All so that I can go again, a little faster and further, the next time.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  This is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Most everyone on the Challenge is doing so well- staying strong, getting strong again if they stumbled, and it's so wonderful to read about.  Keep trying, we can all do this (everyone on this journey) and we deserve to feel our best!

Exercise: Insanity, Day 6 (Plyometric Cardio Circuit)
Eating: 1,031 calories; 5 quarts water

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your off day! Oh, and Advil IS your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sore today myself.....I completed week 7 of C25K this morning, and I am totally paying for it as we speak.....good luck on Insanity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! You are doing well. We all need a day off here and there of rest. Good luck.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good numbers for calories and water... awesome that you're keeping up with the workouts! You are INSANE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)