Insanity is going so well, and I'm so happy with it. Which might seem a bit strange considering the following is all true:
I take breaks that those in the videos don't have to.
I don't do as many reps as they do.
My form is not as strong as theirs is.
Yet this is also true: I do not feel discouraged by these things, because they don't really matter to me anymore. They are goals to shoot for, not grades that indicate success or failure.
I sweat hard every day. I feel sore in new and exciting places. I keep the remote at knee height so that I can pause it from the ground when I can't drag myself off of it. And I do it.
I do it slowly. I do it ugly (I'm trying with form, but not mastering it yet). But I keep chipping away at it, and I won't stop.
Today was the most brutal session so far, something called Pure Cardio. This for the girl who has never, ever liked cardio. This is like not liking booze but picking up something called Pure Moonshine- it doesn't quite make sense that ever the two should meet, haha. But I turned it on and I tried.
When I'm stretching my quads (pulling my heel to my butt) and I fall over because my core/balance still needs some work, it makes me laugh. When I barely stagger through something I find really difficult and the video whips out the next move, which is even harder, I curse a blue streak and I'm not even a curser.
But when I finish, I feel like... like I have taken one step closer to being exactly who I want and need to be. Built one more brick in a new foundation, in something strong and solid and meant to endure.
This is waxing a bit rhapsodic I know, but basically... something has clicked again for me. I am happy about this, and I am also proud because I know it didn't just happen out of the blue. None of this has happened to me, it has happened because of choices and actions and fighting for it every single day.
I still need to eat more veggies every day, but other than that, my food intake has been very good. It's clean, it's whole, and although my calories have skewed a little low (when I feel sick my appetite always kind of plummets), I don't feel deprived or hungry and most importantly, do have enough fuel for everything I need to do.
Thank you very much to everyone who made the time and effort to comment on my last post, it really surprised and touched me! I'm off to catch up on the blogs now, my Challenge buddies in particular of course. : ) I hope we are all feeling great; strong and healthy and proud of ourselves!
Don't give up, never give up. Keep trying!
Today's info:
Exercise: Insanity, Day 5 (Pure Cardio)
Exercise: Insanity, Day 5 (Pure Cardio)
Eating: 1,066 calories; 6 quarts water
Yesterday's info:
Exercise: Insanity, Day 4 (Cardio Recovery)
Eating: 1,072 calories; 5 quarts water
Great job on getting that exercise in!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. You should see me trying Zumba. I'm a white girl from the fozen tundra and I don't have a teeny tiny bit of rhythm in me. It's scary and funny and well I'm going to get back at it and keep trying. At nap time that is, kids and grape jelly are on the menu right now.
ReplyDeleteTake care and keep up the great work. Blessings my friend.
It's all good!!
ReplyDeleteThat's what it's all about! Never giving up. Just think in a month or so you will be going through the workout in a breeze, next year you will be telling someone 'Oh it was a rough start, but I mastered it and you can too!'. You.Get.It. and that's freakin' awesome! So proud of you girlie, keep going.
ReplyDeleteI use to get discouraged with work out dvd's a lot because I couldn't keep up, couldn't do as many reps or I wasn't doing the work out exactly how they were. Now I don't see it that way anymore. First off I am getting my butt off the couch and working out, I am giving it my all, I will slowly improve over time. Thats the one thing I have liked about P90X so far is they do give you water breaks, they do tell you dont stress if you cant do X amount of reps or keep up with them, in fact they tell you not to keep up with them and work at your own pace.
ReplyDeleteI think you are doing great. This is a life marathon so you have to pace urself. You are in the path.
ReplyDelete