I had to go to a party three months ago. I remember preparing for it carefully- looking for a dress I liked, for some kind of cover-up that went with it, for the right shoes and accessories.
Most of all, I remember looking at the photos that came out afterwards and feeling like crap. It wasn't even my size (though I definitely wasn't happy with that, either) as much as it was my expression. I looked so uncomfortable and tense. Even though I was smiling, I didn't look very happy.
It kind of made me realize that it didn't matter what I put on the outside, when none of the clothing could change how I felt on the inside- uncomfortable and awkward in my own body.
Seeing those photos made me decide to recommit to a plan, to reembark on this journey and to try my best at it. While I didn't actually start until July 7th, today marks three months since the pictures were taken.
I'm keeping this blog to stay accountable. Because I know that I can convince myself of plenty of BS, but having to write it down changes things. When I signed up for the CDC Challenge, I wanted to really commit and give it my all, and started posting my daily food logs and pictures of the scale as part of that.
This is the one other thing I wanted to do, to be honest and open on this journey. It's scary but I'm all in. Here's a comparison of photos from three months ago and today.
I still have a long way to go, but I feel healthier and stronger and I do feel more comfortable with my body.
Three more months from now will be December 19th, one day after the Challenge ends. I want to stay committed. I want to stay strong. I want to see how I feel then.
Don't stop, don't give up. Never give up. Keep trying!
Exercise: Insanity, Day 10 (Plyometric Cardio Circuit)
Eating: 1,065 calories; 5.5 quarts water

Great progress!
ReplyDeleteKeep in mind that this is all under your control. It doesn't depend on anyone but you. Nobody and nothing can stop you if you stay on top of the situation, your emotions, and your "why". This is good news. I can tell it's in you from the way you think things through and how you express what's going on - don't ever talk yourself out of getting to this goal because it isn't necessary to search out why not when there are so many good reasons to keep on.
ReplyDeleteAmazing. You look great! I agree with everything downsizers said. I can just tell you've got it in you to achieve your goal. Your progress is just so inspiring!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you look great! We all have those pics that make us cringe, the good thing is they'll all be replaced with much happier, lively photos. Be blessed! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome progress! Keep up the aweseome work.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Great Blog. It hits home. And you are looking awesome! Glad you are feeling that way too.
ReplyDeleteWow such amazing progress already! Your arms are so much more defined, look at that tiny little waist emergin! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteYou can see all the work you've been doing. You are doing awesome. I love seeing your pictures. WOW, the progress.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. My neck is improving but not great. Hopefully it'll keep getting better.
Take care and God Bless!!