Sunday, September 18, 2011

Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge - Update 2

Last week (super zoomed cause I realized my scale really needed to be cleaned, haha).

This week.

So here we are, one week later but even more importantly, one week healthier and stronger!  Here were my commitments:

1) My caloric daily limit was 1,200 or less. Check!
I stuck to this.  I was feeling a little under the weather so most days were lower than I'd like actually, but I ate clean and on plan. 

I want to work on getting some more veggies in for the coming week.

2) My exercise goal was 6 days per week. Check!
Still doing Insanity!  Still not doing it very pretty, haha, but I push play every morning and try.  

I want to work on improving my form and pushing myself to go just a little bit harder for the coming week.

3) My goal was to stay consistent, day in and day out.  I'm going to say, Check.
I've stared at this one for a few minutes now, and had a bit of a realization.  At first I was going to say that I could be more consistent, because I know deep down I could have done a little bit better- could have pushed myself a little harder working out, could have eaten even cleaner, etc.

But then I realized that that's not what "consistency" really means.  Consistency is about building a base.  It's about forming good habits.  It's about trying.  It's not about how fast you reach the finish line so much as that you keep working towards it.

So yes, I'm going to give myself a Check! now for consistency.  I have struggled and tried every day this week, without giving in or giving up, and that is consistency to me.  

I want to work on staying consistent- perfect workout or crappy workout, just get out there and try for the coming week.

4) My goal was to drink a minimum of 4.5 quarts of water each day.  Check!
I'm drinking more than ever these days.  I have a giant jug o' water.  I used to drink one every time I worked out but with Insanity it's been bumped up consistently to two.  Then I drink another with each meal. 

I want to work on keeping it up for the coming week.

5) My goal was to read The Emotional Diet. Er... not so check-y.
I read the first chapter but I let this one slack a bit, to be honest.  

I want to work on reading more for the coming week, and to post about it if I find something I think may be interesting or helpful to others.

6) Everything else...  Check.
I think I was good at support.  I love cheering on everyone on this journey, and truly appreciate the kind words and support everyone has shared with me as well!  

This morning I weighed in at 178 lbs.  I never said last week because my dress-related goal is about a size more than a number, but I hope to hit 163 lbs by the end of the Challenge, and no longer be "obese".  That would mean a lot to me.

I hope everyone had a wonderful week, looking back and feeling good as well as looking forward and feeling committed and motivated!  We can do this, we are doing this, and we are going to keep rocking it. : )

9 comments:

  1. Nice job on the loss! And even better to know that you have discovered some sort of consistency. That will help in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Very nice indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the loss. I admire you for plodding on through on the days when it has sounded like things could go south pretty easily. You did not let that happen and you deserve this loss. Many more are on the way because of your stick-to-it-ive-ness!! You go girl!! Thanks for all your encouragement over at my place. We help ourselves when we help others don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers!! Great week, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! Now that's what I call an excellent week. There's always room for improvement but hey you did excellent. Keep up the great work.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me how you like Insanity. My boss just went thru it and lost 35 lbs. BUT, hes a MAN, and they seem to have an easier time losing. But, it was fun to watch him be sore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Keep up the great work & you will make that goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you! You made it to the 170s!! Great work on the exercise, as well. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)