Clearly I've been in a bit of a funk the last couple days, yesterday especially, but today I felt a lot better.
When I first got up, I was nervous about trying Insanity. Because of that, at first I tried to convince myself that I'm too sick (have a cold) or that a work out break would really do me some good... until I asked myself if I wanted to do something fun and active, could and would I?
You bet I would, and if I was well enough for that, than I knew I was well enough for this too.
The first day of Insanity is the "Fit Test". You get warmed-up and then there's eight different exercises. Your goal is to do as many as you can in one minute intervals, then write it down and retake the test in two more weeks to see how you've improved.
Some of my numbers... can definitely use some improvement, haha. But as I was gasping for breath, I also thought, "I'm doing this! I couldn't have done this two months ago!" Almost all of the moves were new to me and some looked really tough, so in the middle I gave myself a little pep talk, out loud like a true crazy person. About trying my best, about not comparing my numbers to the instructors, about just getting started and going from there.
I took some breaks, my form needs a lot of work, and at one point I felt reallllly nauseous, but I did it and that made me feel really good.
I'd like to switch from P90 to this now, but I don't know exactly how indicative the Fit Test is of the program as a whole. If I can get through tomorrow's workout, than I'll go with this from now on. Because it's harder than the program I was doing before, I would pause C25K and reassess if I have enough gas in the tank for it too, later on. I want to do what I can, while listening to what I honestly can't.
So we'll see. Tomorrow should be a bit scary, but exciting too. I'm actually looking forward to it, which is a big and really positive difference from how I felt yesterday.
Eating was good today; nothing off plan... but I've gotten into the habit of snacking on some grapes, for example, instead of making myself a big salad as a "real" lunch. Fruit is good, but veggies are really important and I'm going to make them a priority again.
It's funny because in a way, as I read over this before posting, it sounds like a lot isn't going very well, haha. There's some possible changes and some improvements that need to be made, but I think it's actually a positive sign that I'm adjusting some stuff. If I want to make this journey a life change, not just a "diet", than I'm going to have to address the problems that come up. Because they will crop up, and I need to be strong enough to come up with solutions instead of being stymied by them.
Tomorrow is the first official day of the CDCC, and I'm super excited (and still getting my post for it ready). It's fantastic to read the other Challengers' blogs and see how amped up and ready to go we all are. I know it's one day at a time... but I'm still really excited to see how everyone will feel and what we'll have accomplished by the end. : )
Exercise: Insanity, Day 1 (Fit Test)
Eating: 1,131 calories; 5.5 quarts water
I keep hearing such good things about this Insanity work out I might have to buy it! P90X still scares me but in a good way HA HA I will give it another go this week.
ReplyDelete