Sunday, September 25, 2011

Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge - Update 3

This week.

Third update!  Exciting. : )  Here's how things went:

1) Calories: 1,200 or less- Check!
Food didn't call to me too much this week, which I am grateful for because sometimes it uses a bullhorn.  I was also busy and stubborn, so there were a few days when my intake was lower than I'd like, but... at the end of the day, I would rather life get in the way of my food than food get in the way of my life. 

Going to keep chipping away at this, getting in enough veggies and eating enough of the right foods.

2) Exercise: 6 days/week- Check!
Mm-hmm.  Still going insane, one day at a time.  Oh and doing the program too, haha.  Yesterday was a bit exciting because I had my second Fit Test.  I took it on the very first day, when I wasn't even sure I'd be able to do the program, and then redid all the same exercises yesterday.  

I'm proud that the amount of reps I was able to do increased for all of them... but I'm less focused on the numbers than that they're moving in the right direction.  And most of all, what they indicate- that I am getting healthier and stronger!

Going to keep following the schedule and checking off the day's workout on the calendar (so satisfying!).

3) Consistency- Check!
Last week I realized that consistence is not the same as perfection; it is not about the result as much as the effort.  I'm still trying.  I'm still fighting the fight, even though I was a bit remiss in posting about it.  We have to resist temptations every single day on this journey, but success gains momentum just like spiraling does.  Good habits can "take", just like destructive ones. 

Going to keep trying to be consistent; to live like the person I want to be instead of the person I was, and in doing so become her more a little every day.

4) Water, water every where- Check!
The more I drink, the easier it is to drink.  This is definitely a pretty ingrained habit now, and I'm happy about that.  I think about all the (regular, not diet) soda I used to drink, multiple cans every day, and how they only seemed to make me thirstier.  "Strange", but of course it's not strange at all.  

I feel more alert and clearheaded now, and I attribute a lot of that to being well-hydrated, instead of semi-dehydrated for years and years, when I never drank water unless I had to take medicine.

Going to keep up with this.

5) Read the Emotional Diet- Eeeeeeeerrrr (that's the sound of brakes squealing to a halt)
I got as far as cracking this in the bath the other day before falling asleep (yup, in the tub).  I know I technically have months to read this still, but I don't like making excuses or putting it off until the last minute.  I know this isn't an assignment, it was a book I chose to try and help myself.

I am going to make good progress on it this week, not because I "must" but because I want to.

6) Everything else- Check.
I didn't post as much as I have, but I tried to be pretty good at commenting still.  It's easier sometimes to relax and read about how your blog buddies are doing than formulate your own post, I think!  There's so much determination out there, and it's so inspiring.  

People may be struggling, but they refuse to give up and that's what matters most of all, in my opinion.  There's the saying that you never regret doing a workout.  I think that unlike giving up, you also never regret pushing yourself to try.

I'm genuinely so proud of all of us, so grateful to be doing this, and so committed to continuing, for happiness and health and feeling wonderful about ourselves.

And now... a little bonus round!  I know a good motivator is our Christmas dresses, but I've done a little shopping recently and came up with a mini-motivator for myself, too.

Came out a bit dark/blurry, sorry!

This is my Turkey Dress. : )  I bought the jacket the other day online, and then found the dress today and thought they would go together like PB&J.  Both items fit, but there's definite room for improvement.  

As you can see, the jacket has no buttons, but if it did they would not be closing right now, haha.  I have some time until Turkey Day though, so I'm going to keep doing what I have been, and hope it fits nicely then.

One more week down!  We can do this, and we are doing this.  Now let's keep doing it, one day, one meal, and one workout at a time.  Don't stop, don't give up.  Keep trying. : )

14 comments:

  1. Dang girrrrl, nice legs! I'm jealous. I'm not doing so great on the book reading front either. You're not alone. Also, good idea about checking off days you exercise on a calendar. I'm going to try to implement that this weeks. Good luck, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. You are looking good and it's only going to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great! Keep up the good work and rub of on me a little please. LOL

    Good luck on week 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice loss. The dress and jacket look good. Have a good week next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great on the exercise, and everything else. You already look great in that dress so come Thanksgiving I think you'll look too hotter than the turkey dinner.... hmmmm, is that a good comparison?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow when the only thing you slacked on is your reading, that is a win! Nice job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week! That dress looks good - it makes me want to go shopping myself! If you get into your book, let us know what you think of it. Have a great week next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that that Turkey day outfit. You'll do great, you are inspiring to read. Keep up the great work.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job and I absolutely love the dress!!! looks great! your going to gets lots of comments on turkey day if its not too big by then lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very nice loss indeed!! Great job on that! And I think the dress looks awesome. Great moitivator, having a turkey dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. UR so hot!! Your legs are bangin!!! Great work. If you get time, can you tell me how to log my food like you do--with flicker? I track calories with Calorie count, but I'd like to display my food logs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Nice update! And I love that dress on you. SEriously....it hits at a great spot, knee-wise, and shows off your really shapely legs. Gorgeous calf to ankle curve!

    Beautiful wee, beautiful scale, beautiful gams. It's all good!

    Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like seeing all those checks! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE IT!! You're rocking the program, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)