Ate completely healthily today. Jogged a little over two miles. Most of all, I feel like I'm striving for something again, instead of slowly tumbling down the rabbit hole.
I've been telling myself today that I won't instead of can't with regards to food. The holidays are stressful. They can be emotional and depressing, too. But doing this, trying at this, reminds me that there is something that makes me feel good and in control and is wholly within my power.
I feel grateful to remember that. Sometimes life gets so busy and crazy that I forget the simple, important stuff- eat less, move more, be happier.
It's not always that simple, yet in a way it is. I feel better about myself when I stick with this, and when I feel good about myself, I also feel more ready to tackle everything else.
I truly hope everyone is keeping or finding their strength to keep pushing on, too. More than any shiny gift that anyone else could get me, what I want is to be healthy and feel strong and good about myself.
Let's take care of ourselves, and be healthier and happier and stronger every day- 'gifts' that will still be there long after all the food's been eaten and all the presents are unwrapped.
You're staying out of the rabbit hole, and sometimes? Sometimes that's all we can expect from ourselves. I'm glad that you're starting to get back to normal. You can do this; we both can.
ReplyDelete