Why yes, that is a NKOTB reference, because I did grow up in the late 80s/early 90s.
Today was crazy stressful. At one point I literally had to repeat to myself in my head over and over, "I will not stress eat. I will not stress eat." I was sitting in my chair like I had to physically restrain myself from reaching for food as comfort. But you know what? I did not stress eat.
Later, there was the second of the one-two punches where I wanted to eat junk simply because it was quick and easy and I was genuinely hungry and tired. I thought about how I'd successfully fought off the stress trigger though, and how giving in would render that fight pointless. And I resisted again.
I ate oatmeal, an apple, almonds, a pear, greek yogurt, a big salad, a small chicken breast, and lots of broccoli today. I drank lots of water. I didn't work out so it wasn't an "ideal" day, but I will do that tomorrow.
Tonight, I feel like counting everything I did "right" and allowing myself to feel proud. Tomorrow, I'll try and use it as momentum and motivation to keep going and reaching for my goals.
We can do this. It's not easy; it can be incredibly hard. But it's worth it. That's what I now try to remember when the struggles hit- in the end, doing this is worth it and not doing it/giving in never once has been.
Believe in yourself. Fight for your hopes and dreams. You are worth it and you can achieve them... and so am I. So let's keep trying. :)
"Listen up everybody cause we're gonna do our thing...and you know it ain't over til the fat lady sings"...hahahaha <3NKOTB. I'm glad you fought through your cravings today, I did too. :)
ReplyDeleteAlways focus on actions and thoughts that were RIGHT. Because, sadly, we often just look at what we did wrong. But it's also what we did RIGHT that makes for changes and new habits.
ReplyDeleteNot stress eating is hard, but the more you don't give in, the stronger that muscle gets.
Gold star for you!
I am proud of you!!! Very!!! Another day like today and more to follow will make for a great week, which will lead to a great month and on and on. EXCELLENT!!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed evening.