Today, I ate an apple and a pear. I had big romaine leaves from the farmers' market, cucumber slices, and a tomato I pulled off the vine to slice up. I steamed fresh broccoli to go with my dinner, and it struck me hard that eating like this is a privilege.
Fresh fruits and vegetables can be almost out of reach for plenty of people in this country (US), let alone huge swaths of the rest of the world.
I feel "lighter" again, and cleaner inside. I feel nourished, and well-fueled and hydrated. And I feel grateful, most of all.
A healthy and able body is a gift, and so is the ability to keep it that way.
None of these are new thoughts, but still... it's something I want to remember as the reason why I'm doing this, and what I'm trying for.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)