Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Hurricane

This will be short at the moment, I apologize.  I weighed in this morning and it was 189.5.  Very happy to see a new decade!  I was trying to remember the last time I was here, and I really can't.  It was a steady creep upwards for a long, long time.

Irene flooded the basement so that's what I've been doing today.  Grabbed breakfast just now, haven't worked out or had a leisurely moment to read blogs, etc. like I enjoy doing.  I am promising myself that I will work out later anyway, because it's important to me to not slip no matter what the excuse is.

On Sundays bagels and "buns" (pastries) are around and I sure wanted some when I finally dragged myself upstairs for a break, but I had my oatmeal and an apple and I'm glad I did.

I'm still trying to be mindful of my attitude, so right now I'm thinking that I'm grateful everyone I know is safe, that the basement could be worse, and that whatever comes up to deal with, I can and I'll do my best to.

Hope everyone's safe out there, dry, and kicking butt with their respective plans.

I'll update later with food and exercise accountability, etc.!

1 comment:

  1. way to pass up the buns.....must have been hard.

    Sorry to hear about your basement....Irene was a bi*ch....glad your ok

    Keep it up girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)