Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge - Update 8

I feel like I blinked and this week just disappeared. 

Weigh-in today: 161

I've been sick for the last few days again, which confuses as well as annoys me.  Previously, I would describe myself as someone who almost never got sick.  I'm more fit than I have been in years now, but constantly sniffling or sneezing or something lately.

Anyway, my eating has been probably 90% on plan.  Maybe not enough some days, but I don't have much of an appetite.  At the start of the week, my workouts were amazing, but I'm on a forced pause.  I tried to go jogging anyway and this wet, hacking cough (sorry, those are words that should never go together) made it so miserable I stopped, and am waiting until it goes away now.

Here's what I need to say.  I'm bothered that the tone of this post, that this week, is off again.  It's not what I wanted to write, at all.  But it's frustrating, too.  I feel like being consistent is incredibly difficult when nothing in my life feels consistent right now.

Lately, I work, I cough up phlegm, I don't want to eat anything, and I sleep.  I want blogging and exercise to be in there a lot more.  I want eating well to be in there.  I would like to be healthy and calm again, and right now I am neither.

Sigh.  But life is always what we make of it, I know that.  Enough of this pity party.  Everyone is busy, but we make time for what we need to.  I have a fancy event in three weeks, and a 5k in five.  No matter what's going on, I need to find my focus for these things. 

Maybe thinking about how worn out and rundown I feel is actually making me worn out and rundown.  I need to think about how strong I feel, how capable, about succeeding.

When I was still quite out of shape, I started working out "like a fit person".  I modified things, but I still did them to the best of my ability at the time. 

I need to eat like a healthy person- to eat enough, to eat healthily, to help my body fight off whatever keeps bothering it. 

And most of all, I need to think and do like a healthy person- that I can make the schedule work, that I have the energy, that I'll take the time to blog and reflect for myself, etc.

Another week down.  They slip through our fingers... but I don't want life to happen to me, to be this thing I feel like I'm constantly trying to catch up to.  I want it to be what I make of it, what I shape it to be, to be who I am striving to be.

Sick, or not sick.  This journey is one day at a time.

More tomorrow.  Keep trying.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Being sick really does just suck the joy out of life, doesn't it? However, we also need to remember that feeling cruddy isn't a punishment from the cosmos. It's a signal that your body is sick and needs nourishment, liquids and rest!

    Hope you feel better really soon, KT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you start feeling better this week and can get back to your activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)